There are many hybrid-boats on the market, but what is their range? 10 or 20 miles. A Solarwave can cruise up to 100 miles a day - permantently for weeks! And solely electrically
short term up to 20 knots.
On top of that she poweres all household
Unlimited range - worldwide.
Do you know any other yacht offering more freedom and comfort?
- Autonomy and Luxury - a Silent-Yacht has virtually unlimited range – also when the sun is not shining. In case of longer periods of bad weather the Range-Extender starts
automatically when the batteries are low. The energy is stored in the batteries and can also be used in bad weather-conditions and during the night. The light-weight Lithium-Batteries provide ample
energy for the propulsion as well as for all household appliances – 230 V, day and night - 24/7 - for television, air-conditioning, ice-machine, watermaker, laptop and much more ..... No need to
search for a marina to charge the batteries, to get ice, to refuel or to fill your watertanks.
- Batteries - there are various types of lithium-batteries on the market. The brand we are using is among the most expensive ones. But they are best regarding liability, safety,
performance, weight and life-span.
- Cooling and Heating - when the windows have to be closed in bad weather or when moscitos are outside, you will enjoy using the unique aeration-system. It is installed in all
cabins, bathrooms and the saloon. It provides individually adjustable cool and fresh air at any time. It also can be combined with the air-conditioning. In reverse mode the heat-pump provides a cosy
interior for an all-season use.
- Heat Build-Up – is quite a big problem in conventional boats, as combustion-engines emit about 70 % of the energy in form of heat. Electric-motors with an energy-efficiency
of more than 90 % emit less than 10 %. A huge difference! Also gas-burners and gas oven in a conventional boat emit a lot of heat into the interior of the yacht. As the induction-cooktops do not have
an open flame like gas-burners, the inside of the yacht stays comfortably cool. Additionally Silent-Yachts are equipped with a smart aeration-system.
- Reliability – the solarpanels are integrated in the roof, so there is no windload on them. The batteries and electric-motors are inside the boat in a dry and safe
place. All wiring is tin-covered and all plugs are specially designed so water or humidity cannot enter. All parts exposed to the marine environment are made of corrosion-resistant materials.
All components are virtually free of maintenance. So the running-costs are much lower than on a comparable conventionally powered
- Luxury – energy, always available, like at home. All kinds of electric consumers can be connected. Without a generator you can watch football on TV, have a cold beer, run
air-conditioning and bright interior and exterior lighting - for as long as needed. 230 / 110 Volt 24/7. Production of up to 3.000 liters of drinking water a day grants you a kind of comfort
you would not have considered possible up to now. Silent and emission-free luxury.
- Maintenance – the range-extender requires much less attention than 2 large diesel-engines, a generator or sails in a conventionally powered catamaran. Solarpanels have a
guaranteed life-span of more than 25 years. After that time it will be quite cheap to replace them. In the lithium-batteries used for Silent-Yachts only a few cells need to be replaced after 10
years. The electric motors are completely free of maintenance. So the maintenance-costs are much lower than on a comparable conventionally powered catamaran.
- Performance and Efficiency - due to their sensationally low weight, the streamlined shape and the towing-tank optimized underwater-lines, Silent-Yachts have less wave drag and
friction than other sailing- or motor-yachts. This unique efficiency makes them fast and enables self-sufficient propulsion.
- Price – hybrid systems and Epoxy-Carbon-construction are usually expensive. Silent-Yachts are the proof, that these modern technology is affordable. Our yachts are within the
same price-range as comventionally powered and constructed sailing- or motor-yachts ot the same size.
- Range – unlimited with electric propulsion. With diesel-engines and without consideration of the electric propulsion: transocean-range.
- Range-Extender - he provides ample energy in case of longer periods of bad weather. He starts automatically when the batteries are low and ensures always properly filled
batteries to supply the propulsion as well as all household appliances.
- Redundancy and Safety – all vital components are redundant to ensure double safety. Due to the configuration of the particular components an overload-situation is not
possible at all. The Silent-System is by far safer than any other propulsion like sails or diesel-engines.
- Rekuperation - a "Silent-Sailor" can recharge the batteries while sailing - when the props are beeing turned by the waterflow, the electric motors produce energy to charge the
- Solarpanels - they produce the energy for the propulsion as well as for the luxury household – including air-conditioning, cooking, cooling .... and store the energy in
- Speed- solely powered by electric motors a Silent has a cruising-speed of 6-8 knots and reaches a maximum speed of more than 10 knots. With diesel-engines a "Silent-Power" has a
cruising-speed of 15-20 knots and a maximum speed of more than 25 knots - depending on the chosen engine-configuration.
- Weight - is nearly equivalent to consumption. Each kilogramm less means less energy required to move the boat. A Silent-Yacht has only half the weight compared to a
conventionally constructed and powered yacht. Thus she is two times more efficient - and much faster. This enourmous weight reduction is due to weight-optimizing design, expensive materials (Carbon,
Aramid, Epoxy-resin) and elaborate construction techniques.
- Uniqueness - Solarwave was the first and is the original. There are several competitors trying to copy Michael Köhler´s configurations to achieve self-sufficiency. Up to now none of them
succeeded. The main secret lies in it´s simplicity. The "Solarwave System" is simple, safe, redundant - and very reasonably priced, as you buy directly from the developer and directly at the
Solarwave - or do you know any other yacht offering more freedom and comfort?